John is a partner in McKinsey's Operations Practice. Based in Atlanta, he advises clients on manufacturing and supply-chain optimization with a focus on omnichannel and fulfillment strategies. His consumer-industry experience includes apparel, fashion and luxury, and hard-good category retailers such as grocers and home-improvement companies.
Examples of John’s recent work include the following:
- advising a large North American apparel client in navigating the availability of merchandise and impact on its operations through creating global supply-chain disruption scenarios
- developing a third-party fulfillment strategy for a South American retailer to support accelerated growth for its marketplace platform
- leading a cost-to-serve initiative for a US grocer to enhance the productivity and profitability of its online channels, including use of automation, market fulfillment, and technologies (e.g., advanced labor planning)
- assessing the omnichannel operations strategy for a leading specialty home-improvement retailer to improve customer satisfaction and expand margins
- designing an end-to-end visibility strategy for a large fashion retailer to improve global inventory management and supply-chain reliability
- supporting strategy development for a global parcel and logistics company to identify new sources of growth and competitive advantage, and to enhance share gain in the e-commerce market