Guido Hoepfner is a partner in McKinsey’s Digital & Analytics Practice with over 20 years of extensive practical and international experience in strategic IT, ERP transformations, and digitalization. He primarily advises retailers and consumer goods manufacturers on how to optimize and build existing and new business models in the areas of enterprise IT, digital twin design, and tech-enabled transformation of business processes and operating models.
He also has firsthand experience on the other side of transformations, as he was an interim CIO for one year and oversaw the go-live and rollout of an ERP implementation at 19 affiliated companies in four countries for a large hidden champion.
Guido’s recent work includes the following:
- Helping the executives of a retailer evolve it into a customer-focused organization by defining target domain capabilities, developing a new operating model, and reorganizing the IT departments to focus on needed skills and talent
- Designing an electronic consumer retailer’s enterprise and data architecture, including future application landscape, to integrate different offline and online sales channels into an end-to-end omnichannel
- Developing and leading a digital transformation for a European retailer, including value chain optimization, with a cost savings potential of over €400 million per year Leading various enterprise IT programs and defining their strategy, including for Europe-wide fiber optic networks
- Creating a blueprint for process harmonization and ERP consolidation for a consumer goods manufacturer that will save double-digit millions of euros in operating expenditures per year
- Realigning the digitization strategy for the CFO and CIO of a stock-listed company, including subsequent regular reviews of the implementation
- Developing an ERP harmonization and system consolidation which reduced total cost of operations by more than 25 percent