Gila is a French-Israeli partner based in the firm’s Tel Aviv office, which she joined after six years at the Chicago office.
As part of her work in healthcare innovation, Gila leads the Israeli chapter of McKinsey's global health technology network, which consists of more than 1000 healthcare start-ups.
She is very active in supporting life sciences clients in the development and implementation of sustainable operations and strategies for environmental, social, and sustainability governance.
Passionate about people and their role in driving organizational change, Gila regularly works with companies on culture change, top-team effectiveness, and capability building. She is also dean of McKinsey’s executive-transition master classes in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, which have supported more than 150 executives transitioning to new roles, many in new sectors and geographies.
Gila is also the partner sponsor for all pro bono work for McKinsey in Israel.
Examples of Gila’s client work include the following:
- helping a start-up define its equity story to describe how value is derived, including through better clinical outcomes, improved cost of care, and better user experience; how solutions compare to competitive offerings and standard of care, and who will get financial benefits
- supporting global public-health efforts to accelerate the development and rollout of COVID-19 vaccines
- serving vaccine manufacturers across functions, including commercial, disease, and R&D areas
- leading the change efforts required to create a culture supportive of a global pharmaceutical company’s digital transformation, such as customer-focused user experience and agile ways of working
- shaping and launching the commercial excellence program across geographies for a mid tier pharmaceutical company and developing a capability program focused on patient journeys, multichannel marketing, and sales force excellence
- supporting healthcare providers and pharmacy chains in the United States in building organizational capabilities including strategic partnership management and lean ways of working
Prior to joining McKinsey, Gila spent two years turning around a struggling not-for-profit organization and five years as a training and change-management consultant, serving clients across industries.