Gergely is a coleader of McKinsey Digital in Central Europe, concentrating on the firm’s fintech efforts and research on the future of banking. He has extensive experience in digital and mobile retail banking, including implementing digital strategy, organizing and managing for innovation, transforming existing bank operations and business processes, and improving the end-to-end customer journey.
Gergely serves clients in banking and insurance industries across Eastern and Western Europe as well as the Commonwealth of Independent States and the Middle East, focusing on digital innovations and solutions and setting up new attacker banks.
Gergely’s recent client work includes the following:
- leading the digital transformation of a Central European bank, driving implementation of initiatives in customer-journey redesign, organization transformation, and big data
- transforming the operating model of a leading insurer in Central and Eastern Europe, leveraging a wide range of digital opportunities
- developing a digital strategy for a Western European bank, including both B2C and B2B opportunities
- designing an end-to-end concept and go-to-market plan for a mobile-payment innovation start-up owned by a large Central European financial institution
- developing a mobile-banking strategy for a bank by identifying key technologies, developing go-to-market strategies under different scenarios, and identifying implementation requirements
- designing the setup of a greenfield retail bank, working very closely with financial investors and the potential CEO to develop a best-practices operation model
Gergely speaks English and Hungarian.