Dee is an associate partner in our New York office and supports institutions in the private, public, and social sectors with strategic and operational challenges. She focuses at the nexus of climate and financial institutions to tackle one of biggest challenges in our lifetimes. She also leads McKinsey’s global collaboration with NGOs and private sector clients in establishing decarbonization pathways for hard to abate sectors ahead of COP26.
In recent client projects, Dee has:
- Designed a climate risk program for a top United States bank to meet evolving regulatory expectations across five major jurisdictions and compete with peers
- Advised North American financial institutions—global banks, private equity, regional banks, and venture capital groups—on investment theses across a number of decarbonization and sustainability topics including catalytic investments to unlock additional capital for climate solutions
- Developed a suite of sector-agnostic methodology to stress test a company’s exposure to climate risk, both transition and physical, to inform the development of a robust climate risk- and resilience-management strategy.
- Served multiple institutions on comprehensive capital analysis and review (CCAR), stress testing, and capital-planning efforts
- Designed risk identification and scenario generation for a large bank in order to access its risk-management systems and prepare for “tail risks”
- Supported a large bank to develop a system to better understand the “risk weighting” for its assets to be used as a forecasting solution to better comply with internal and external pressure
- Created risk-management framework across a variety of functions including data and analytics, strategy, policy, and processes