Davis leads analytics and research for our People & Organizational Performance and McKinsey Transformation Practices.
In this role, Davis brings analytical capabilities and insights to our client work that is focused on talent, organization design, culture, leadership, and transformational change. He directs a team of global practitioners who create and enhance a growing set of platforms and tools that they also draw upon in service to clients.
Since joining McKinsey in 2013, Davis has collaborated with executives to unlock the people side of organizations. This support includes setting talent strategy, improving recruiting, and building capabilities. He has worked across a variety of sectors, with deep expertise in financial services, energy, telecommunications, and healthcare.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- developing a five-year technology workforce strategy for a global telecom group to build the talent and skills needed to boost performance
- working with a global financial-services company to identify the skills and activities required to drive a new operating model, finding more than $500 million in efficiencies
- using people analytics to help a global energy company identify productivity drivers for knowledge workers; the effort also put in place an AI-driven approach to assessing productivity that cut the analytical effort in half
- building a talent database for a global software organization to rapidly identify high potential candidates for recruiting, including current customers with strong brand affinity
- helping a European asset-management group identify and mitigate biases in investment decision-making using techniques from behavioral science to protect over $1 billion in investor value
Davis serves on the dean’s advisory council of the Orfalea College of Business. Before joining McKinsey, he cofounded a medical-device company in the maternal health space.