As one of McKinsey's leading customer experience experts, David advises clients across a broad range of industries on customer experience transformations. He helps teams prioritize and reimagine customer journeys, develop segmentation strategies, redesign measurement systems, and create frontline engagement strategies. David also leads McKinsey’s Experience DNA predictive customer analytics platform.
Examples of his recent client engagements include the following:
- co-leading the development of a first-of-its kind predictive customer experience insight-and-action engine for a leading domestic air carrier, which led to an 800 percent uplift in satisfaction and a 60 percent reduction in churn for pilot customer groups
- leading a customer experience strategy and design project for a large national healthcare provider, covering overall strategy development, redesign of the emergency room experience, and prioritization of design efforts for the women’s health division
- guiding the top strategic customer experience initiative for the chief marketing officer of a tier-one rail operator, developing both the front-end vision and technical road map required to improve customer visibility into expected arrival times for freight and railcar locations
- overseeing the launch of a customer experience transformation for a multinational oil field services company, which identified a portfolio of initiatives with a $100 million value
- co-leading customer experience transformation efforts at a top US wireless carrier, focusing on establishment of a customer experience strategy with a clear link to financial value and a road map to improve customer experience through a portfolio of prioritized and sequenced initiatives
- working with a major international airport to transform their customer experience, become number one on the JD Power Satisfaction Survey, and gain a 14 percent year-over-year increase in retail, food, and beverage revenue