Carla is a partner at McKinsey and a leader of McKinsey’s OrgSolutions group, which brings data and analytics offerings for improving organizational culture, design, talent, and leadership. She has a passion for partnering with leaders to make better decisions around people, organization, and culture driven by data and analytics. As the global leader of the firm’s work in people analytics and people science, she helps companies link talent to value by improving how their talent is hired, developed, and managed. She draws on her experience in finance to help clients use analytical rigor to make data-driven organizational decisions that drive value.
Carla works with organizations across a range of industries to increase the efficiency of their processes and significantly improve outcomes, develop and implement corporate strategy, and lead them through transformations such as mergers and acquisitions, turnarounds, and growth plans.
Examples of her client work include:
- identifying people and organizational drivers of performance for a globally distributed retailer through advanced analytics, which informed the rewiring of the employee value proposition, recruiting practices, management behaviors, and staffing across shifts
- partnering with leadership of a global consumer packaged goods company to strengthen its organizational health as part of a global transformation; counseling the executive team on individual-level actions and organizational levers across talent management, innovation processes, and leadership development to effect change
- partnering with leadership of a family-owned retailer to change the organization’s culture, behavior, and strategy to become a market shaper in its industry
- designing and leading the implementation of a market growth strategy for an electronics retailer to drive its wireless business—including evaluating the market outlook, benchmarking economics relative to the competition, determining the potential for brand extensions, and developing staffing and compensation models to turn around and optimize store profitability
- establishing and leading the integration management office for a $42B+ global merger; designing and rolling out the integration architecture; and managing the merger’s progress, ensuring business continuity across four regions and 600+ employees
Carla is a native Spanish speaker.