Camilo leads our consumer packaged goods operations work in Latin America. In this capacity, he directs operational-transformation projects for consumer-oriented companies, focusing particularly on the supply-chain, logistics, and procurement functions. He advises executives as they set operations strategy, pursue comprehensive operational turnarounds, and boost supply-chain performance
Across his 20-year consulting career, Camilo has counseled many of Latin America’s top consumer-goods and retail companies. He has led more than 70 projects for 40 different companies across Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Mexico.
Since joining McKinsey, Camilo has helped clients achieve top-notch operational performance, working with executives to sustain competitive advantage by developing and enhancing the purchasing and supply-management abilities within their organizations.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- leading a transformation program for the procurement function at a Colombian food company, including commodities, direct materials, and indirects
- guiding a procurement-transformation program for direct and indirect commodities and marketing-spend categories for a Brazilian food company
- developing a postmerger operations-integration program for two leading food companies in Brazil, including procurement, manufacturing, and supply-chain transformations
- crafting a supply-chain-strategy transformation for a Brazilian food company
- developing a supply-chain strategy for a multinational company in Brazil, resulting in a 9 percent cost reduction while keeping service levels high
- managing a strategic sourcing project for a dairy company, focusing on direct-material categories
Before joining McKinsey, Camilo worked at two leading consultancies in Brazil. A native speaker of Portuguese, he is also fluent in English and Spanish.