Bruno is an expert in digital and advanced analytics, focusing on energy retail and new downstream. In this capacity, he has served multiple clients in Europe, Latin America, and North America, developing their commercial portfolios and value proposition. He has also developed corporate strategies for integrated utilities.
Examples of Bruno’s recent client work include the following:
- leading a digital (big data) transformation program for a European utility, including defining the vision and required data governance
- developing machine-learning algorithms for an energy retailer to predict potential customer default patterns, and establishing the necessary commercial adjustment to mitigate value loss
- implementing a large-scale cross-country commercial-excellence program for a central European utility, covering issues such as digital, product and service offering, customer lifetime management, and needs-based segmentation
- designing a commercial-transformation program for a large European energy retailer, including the definition of the portfolio of energy services for development, governance model of the program, program-management-office and tracking tools, and implementation of key initiatives
- defining the 5-year strategy for the retail unit of a leading European utility (in the context of market liberalization)
- supporting a large retailer in the Asia–Pacific region in sizing a new downstream opportunity, prioritizing the key products and services to pursue in the short and medium run, and developing the underlying business models
Alongside his client work, Bruno is a mentor to scholarship students at the Catholic University of Portugal. He is a native speaker of Portuguese and speaks English and Spanish fluently.