Björn focuses on strategic and commercial topics for consumer-facing companies in Europe. His clients include retail, consumer packaged goods, media, and luxury goods companies.
Björn has extensive knowledge and expertise in the areas of insights-led growth strategies; marketing and sales productivity, including using zero-based budgeting; and commercial capability transformations.
Recent work examples include the following:
- working with a global fast-moving consumer-goods company to develop a country growth strategy, covering both where to play (categories, brands, customers) and how to win (marketing, route to market, organisational implications)
- leading an end-to-end digital transformation for a leading jewelry and watches group—including e-commerce, digital marketing, customer relationship management (CRM), and digitally enabled operations
- helping an international brewer to design a new brand portfolio strategy, develop a new approach to consumer and product segmentation, and using this to develop global and local brand portfolio strategies
- transforming a European entertainment company, with particular focus on how to improve customer loyalty/CRM and digitizing the consumer journey
- leading a comprehensive zero-based-budgeting implementation for the European division of a global food company, generating savings of 15 percent across marketing, sales, supply chain, and overhead costs
Before joining McKinsey, Björn spent 4 years in Procter & Gamble’s beauty-care division in the United Kingdom and Switzerland.