Anna is a partner in our London office. With extensive experience in the metals, mining, cement, building materials, and building operations industries, she leads McKinsey’s work in basic materials in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Anna also brings clients deep expertise in sustainability strategy, including green investment, green growth strategy, green financing, and capital markets positioning.
Much of Anna’s work focuses on helping senior leaders understand what sustainability means for their businesses and shift from environmental, social, and governance risk mitigation to green value creation. Her recent client projects include the following:
- advising a leading building-materials company on its sustainability strategy, including designing the decarbonization pathway, defining external commitments, and planning sustainability investments and innovation efforts
- working with a leading global metals company to commercialize a lower-carbon product and achieve a meaningful green premium
- supporting a global mining company on a ten-year growth and capital-allocation strategy, including building predictive pricing tools and developing a green financing strategy
- working with a real estate and construction investor to revise its portfolio strategy in light of sustainability, shifting asset allocation, and investment criteria
- helping a global chemicals and materials company to define its green growth strategy, including new product development investments and acquisitions
Anna also serves as a coleader of McKinsey’s work on activist-investor response in Europe.
Outside of her client work, Anna is a regular contributor to McKinsey’s knowledge development and has published several articles on decarbonization, governance, and industry topics. She holds master’s and bachelor’s degrees in political science from Yale University.