Alistair is passionate about helping individuals and organizations reach full potential and has devoted his career to this goal. Based in Sydney, Alistair is an expert associate partner in the People & Organizational Performance Practice. Working across sectors and geographies, Alistair specializes in unlocking potential and performance through operating model transformation, culture, organization design, and change leadership.
Alistair also specializes in workplace mental health and is a regional leader of the McKinsey Health Institute, a not-for-profit entity within the firm that aspires to catalyze action to add a collective 45 billion years of higher-quality life for all people around the world. He is a thought leader on this topic and regularly contributes to the conversation through publishing, conference presentations, and media engagement.
Some examples of his recent work include the following:
- leading holistic operating model transformations for national and regional financial institutions
- conducting operating model review and optimization efforts for public-sector clients
- designing cultural improvement roadmaps for public- and private-sector organizations, including diagnostics, intervention design, and delivery
- supporting public and private sector organizations in transforming mental health outcomes in the workplace, including through making company operating models a force for good
- helping organizations become more mentally healthy via operating model and cultural improvement
Beyond his work at McKinsey, Alistair is a dedicated volunteer at Lifeline, Australia’s suicide prevention and crisis hotline. Prior to joining McKinsey, Alistair practiced employment and industrial relations law at law firms in London and Sydney.