Alexander leads McKinsey’s Oil & Gas practice in Africa, the Commonwealth of Independent States, Europe, and the Middle East. He provides consulting support to oil, gas, and metal companies on a wide range of issues, including strategic planning, organizational and operational transformation, and investment governance.
Examples of his recent client projects include the following:
- developing a program targeting smooth operational transformation, improved equipment reliability, and higher efficiency of shutdown repairs and maintenance for a leading Russian oil refinery
- developing an operational-transformation program for a large Russian oil and gas company and creating an organizational model to promote continuous implementation of improvements
- implementing a pilot project to improve equipment reliability and developing an improvement program in the oil-refining segment for a major international oil company
- creating an oil-refining strategy and optimizing refinery-upgrade programs for a leading oil company in Russia
- creating a portfolio strategy for a European industrial group operating in more than ten different sectors
Before joining McKinsey, Alexander worked at a global consulting firm.