Ahmed supports sovereign-wealth funds, diversified family conglomerates, and investment companies as they seek investment opportunities, restructure portfolios, and institutionalize operating and governance models.
Ahmed has served clients globally and brings a breadth of experience in investment and corporate strategy, finance, and corporate governance. His clients span many industries, including consumer goods, retail, construction, energy, infrastructure, media, telecommunications, and real estate. Based in Dubai, he brings an insider’s deep knowledge of and insight into regional dynamics and opportunities in the Middle East.
Examples of Ahmed’s recent client work include the following:
- advising on the financial restructuring of one of the largest investment companies in the Middle Eastern region
- leading performance acceleration and turnaround for several companies in construction, distribution (consumer goods, auto, white goods, building material, et cetera), retail (apparel, food), real estate, and industrials
- leading the transformation of strategy and operating models for several leading, diversified family groups
- assisting in the setup of family offices with regional and global reach
- developing investment strategies for investment companies, family groups, private-equity firms, and sovereign-wealth funds across sectors, including industrial, consumer, financial services, real estate, and energy
Prior to joining McKinsey, Ahmed was a partner at a global consulting firm, where he established and led the firm’s family-business and investment-company work in the Middle East. He holds dual citizenship in Canada and Lebanon and speaks fluent Arabic, English, and French.