Adelmo is a partner in McKinsey’s São Paulo office and leads the firm’s risk advanced-analytics efforts in Latin America. His areas of expertise include advising retail banking clients in improving operational efficiency and effectiveness in customer assistance, loss mitigation, and credit risk.
Examples of Adelmo’s recent client work include the following:
- reviewing loss-provision methodologies and improving credit and business-decision reenrollment for an organization of private educational institutions
- evaluating a series of growth-strategy dimensions in credit, growth levers, portfolio initiatives, and road mapping as well as governance and wins and pilots for a financial institution
- assisting a wired business and enterprise telecom-services provider with the implementation of fraud and credit initiatives with a focus on commercial and operational fraud
- helping a cable operator to build a bankable plan for a restructuring and turnaround implementation
- helping a retail bank to find opportunities in customer assistance through modeling, customer-journey redesign, and traditional customer-assistance levers
Adelmo is experienced with projects involving cost cutting, matrix-budget implementation, value-proposition changing, operational improvements, and finance restructuring.