Aaron brings deep experience in supporting clients in energy, infrastructure, and other sectors on project development, financing, and corporate transactions. He has closed over $100 billion in project financing in his work with public and private sector entities across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa—in asset classes including airports, ports, power, and roads.
The power sector is a key area of focus for Aaron; he has advised clients on renewable energy and clean technology topics for over 10 years. He also serves on the board of a distributed energy company focused on emerging markets.
Aaron brings particular expertise in restructuring and turnarounds, having led restructurings in the infrastructure, real estate, manufacturing and construction sectors, among others. He has served as chief restructuring officer for a major organization.
His recent client experience includes:
- Shaping a power sector development and investment strategy for a West African country, followed by a series of power sector investment programs bringing together the country’s government and international donors
- Developing financing solutions for the power sector in an East African country
- Working with a leading global business forum to develop recommendations to accelerate global infrastructure investment
- Advising a major European utility on its renewable power financing strategy
- Advising sponsors on the project financing of major wind and solar projects in Southern Africa
- Advising underwriters on one of the first bond financing initiatives for a power project in the Middle East
- Supporting the sponsor of a $1.6 billion acquisition of multiple gas-fired power plants in the United States
Prior to McKinsey, Aaron worked in banking, finance and restructurings for Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs. He also practiced law at Latham & Watkins.
Aaron is a founder and former director and CEO of the Clean Energy Business Council in the Middle East and North Africa. He is a regular speaker on infrastructure and power finance and restructuring topics at international conferences.