Andres is a partner based in Tokyo, Japan, who previously spent a decade in McKinsey’s Chicago office. His passion is working with industrial and electronics companies that manufacture and sell products and services, and he also has deep expertise in aftermarket parts and services, which are often a key component of these businesses. Functionally, Andres excels at evaluating organizations’ portfolios, working with them to reallocate resources to new high-growth areas, and driving digital business building as the primary outcome of reallocation. He has deep expertise building various types of digital business including software as a service (SaaS) businesses, e-commerce direct channels, marketplaces, two-sided platforms, and analytics-enabled applications.
Recent examples of Andres’s work include the following:
- co-authoring, with the American chamber of commerce in Japan, Japan Digital Agenda 2030: Big moves to restore digital competitiveness and productivity, which outlines a bold set of transformational moves for Japanese education, government, and industry, to leverage digital tools to unlock growth and productivity. Available for download at https://www.digitaljapan2030.com/jp
- driving an agile e-commerce transformation at an iconic Japanese electronics company, leveraging real-time analytics to define tactical improvements and rapidly execute them through agile scrum and kanban approaches
- developing a new SaaS digital business in Japan to digitize a traditional industry that has legacy paper-based processes, moving toward a full mobile first world
- developing the portfolio strategy for an iconic industrial company, evaluating a portfolio of more than 40 industrial businesses and defining a roadmap for M&A, organic investment, divestiture, and resource-reallocation activity, subsequently building out new digital businesses to bring B2B direct-channel access to customers
- serving two of Latin America’s largest industrial family conglomerates on portfolio strategy, evaluating investments for growth, M&A, divestment, and performance-improvement strategies
- developing a machine learning and deep learning roadmap for an automotive parts distributor to define and canvas key predictive-use cases that dramatically improve key drivers in supply chain, sales, and marketing
Outside of work, Andres has been an avid rock climber for more than 15 years, has sailed halfway around the world in an ocean race, and enjoys hiking, golf, surfing, squash, snowboarding, and cycling.