Greg is the leader for McKinsey Implementation and the managing partner of McKinsey Orphoz in Southeast Asia. He brings more than 20 years of experience from across industries in large-scale capital programs, leading performance improvements and driving organizational change, working in senior-line, consulting, and private-equity roles. This includes managing large teams through successful programs in fast-moving consumer goods, retail operations, capital projects, food processing, wholesaling, logistics, energy, and agriculture.
Greg’s passion lies in the rapid but pragmatic delivery of major changes to existing operating models to drive growth and productivity. He also has significant experience in developing high-performing teams and improving service levels while driving programs with tight financial constraints. Greg’s grounding in operations strategy helps him move key performance levers and strong pattern recognition allows him quickly deliver complex solutions to address the root causes of inefficiency across all levels of an organization.
His recent project-delivery experience includes the following:
- leading a cross-ministry program to develop the masterplan for a city of two million people
- running two multiyear retail-operations turnaround programs that materially reduced shrink while improving frontline capabilities and service key performance indicators (KPIs)
- directing the digital transformation of a major Southeast Asia state-owned enterprise with 30,000 employees, including infrastructure upgrades and large-scale capability building
- leading a major two-year downstream oil transformation to cost and schedule, including capital investment, operations turnaround, and union negotiations
- delivering a ten percent margin lift and a 15 percent cost-base reduction over six months at a food-manufacturing division presale
- leading an 18-month cost-cutting program in mining operations, including reorganizing the workforce, minimizing fleet variations, and improving plant productivity
- leading an SKU-rationalization and product-migration team while reducing range by 30 percent in a multinational manufacturer, maintaining revenue, and increasing margins
- developing and deploying cross-selling and lean training across multiple channels for a market-leading chain, increasing segment revenues by more than 20 percent and satisfaction levels by more than 25 percent
- leading an organizational-change team in delivering over 150 initiatives across 20 mine sites, while achieving over 60 percent improvement in safety KPIs
Greg has also founded and successfully raised angel and one-to-two round funding for seven start-ups in digital technology, manufacturing, and service operations.