Juuso is a trusted adviser to Nordic and global companies in process-intensive industries. He helps executives create transformation plans and execute performance improvements across refining, mining, pulp and paper, chemicals, and steel, as well as the equipment companies that serve these sectors.
Since joining McKinsey, Juuso has worked in global (and sometimes exotic) locations, including mines in Africa, steel mills in Asia, and pulp plants in the middle of Nordic forests.
Juuso is most engaged when working in fields that require technical knowledge, where logic and details are crucial for uncovering accurate insights. He takes a practical and action-oriented approach that helps ensure success in frontline operations and in fast-paced transformations. Drawing on a background in software development, he also helps clients to apply advanced analytics in process-industry manufacturing settings.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- directing a lean-transformation program for a pulp and paper company across multiple sites
- designing and implementing a full company transformation for an equipment-aftermarket business
- implementing a turnaround at a petrochemical company
- leading an advanced-analytics transformation for a major global oil and gas company
- optimizing a refinery company’s investment budget by going through all of its capital-investment projects
Before joining McKinsey, Juuso worked for eight years as a programmer and for shorter spells in private equity and consulting.
Juuso coleads the firm's recruiting efforts in Helsinki.