Gonzalo leads our Financial Services Practice and McKinsey Digital in our Finland office and serves banks, insurance, and asset-management firms on topics including strategy, organization, and digital transformations.
Some examples of his recent client work include the following:
- designing and implementing a holistic transformation program for a leading North American mortgage provider, digitizing the end-to-end mortgage origination process and shifting its operations into agile
- designing and launching a digital wealth management business for a leading regional company in the Americas, migrating their operating model to new agile setting
- developing a three-year strategy for a leading global life insurance company
- developing a strategic plan for a financial conglomerate in Latin America with a leading insurance company in their main market
- developing and implementing several agile digital factories for a multiregional bank in the Americas
- defining the strategic plan and go-to-market strategy for a major bank in the Americas for the next five years on their retail, wholesale, and development bank business units including digital and agile aspirations
- implementing cross-selling improvement and pricing programs in the cash management department of a leading Spanish bank
- defining the market entry strategy for a North American asset manager
Prior to joining McKinsey, Gonzalo was a strategy-executive director in the wholesale business unit of BBVA in Spain and Mexico. Gonzalo holds an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management and an MS in industrial engineering from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and CentraleSupélec.