Juan has wide experience in the financial sector, ranging from performance management to transformation and strategic planning. He has worked with many of the principal financial groups in Latin America.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- shaping strategic plans, including evaluating current performance, defining strategic initiatives, and developing a plan for strategy execution, for various major financial groups
- supporting operational transformations for several financial institutions by evaluating starting points, formulating transformation processes, executing first steps, and ensuring that the organizations had the capacity to complete the transformations
- constructing a talent-management system for one of the region’s principal development banks by designing a new leadership-development methodology and a new performance-management system
- helping improve efficiency and innovation at a major Latin American financial institution by analyzing its main processes, leading innovation workshops across the company, and defining business plans to capture the improvement
- supporting several large banks in their design and implementation of new commercial and operational models for corporate banking
- revising the operating model of one of the biggest banks in the region through activities that included defining a new strategy, redesigning key processes using lean methodology, and establishing a transformation office
Juan serves on the board of Compartamos con Colombia, a not for profit that builds capacity in social-sector organizations, promotes sustainable business practices, and helps trigger social innovation.