Haimeng leads our Shanghai office and coleads our Capital Projects & Infrastructure Practice. He is also a leader in our People & Organizational Performance Practice in Asia.
Haimeng works with clients to transform their organizations. He architects organizational structures to enable growth and innovation, builds talent systems and capabilities, and improves leadership capacity. He also helps major real-estate developers partner with the public sector to build integrated city developments and assists companies as they enter new markets and build profitable global businesses.
Examples of Haimeng’s recent work include the following:
- supporting a major Chinese real-estate developer with a 4-year growth journey encompassing strategic planning, organization design, assessment of overseas market opportunities, sustainable building, affordable housing, and leadership and capability development across its companies in multiple regions
- assisting a fast-growing developer on a multiyear transformation from real-estate development to integrated city and industry development
- helping a medium-size real-estate developer to create a winning strategy and build a talent machine to enable fast growth
- helping clients in automotive, basic materials, and private equity to boost operational performance by improving organizational health
- supporting Chinese city governments on multiple new-city developments around Beijing, Guangzhou, Hebei, Jinjiang, Shanghai, Taiyuan, and Zhongshan
Prior to joining McKinsey, Haimeng worked as a senior consultant in the Shanghai office of Accenture, where he worked on issues ranging from strategy to IT infrastructure. He is fluent in Mandarin and English.