Ability to execute mutually profitable trade promotions has been one of the main challenges for retailers and consumer goods companies. To evaluate the most current status, Promotion Optimization Institute (POI) conducted a survey among 74 Consumer Goods Companies and reviewed the offerings of 27 vendors.
During the assessment, Periscope received 100% on "Company Assessment" and 94% on "Product Assessment," placing it as the highest-scoring vendor within the report.
The qualitative assessment by the report highlighted Periscope's strengths primarily in analytics, by stating "This is where Periscope excels. From the acquisition and preparation of data, to insight-based planning, to simulating the best possible promotion."
In addition, the report provided the following as main strengths:
- Industry expertise and depth of talent base.
- High degree of usability.
- Focus that starts with the strategy and includes marketing as well as trade effects.
- Deep on insight as opposed to just reporting the facts.
- Proven ability to co-exist with a transactional TPM tool.
*"Promotion Optimization Institute's "POI TPx Vendor Panorama 2016" report, by Dale Hagemeyer, published in August 2016