Sri leads our work at the intersection of business technology and healthcare, helping healthcare providers as well as health-technology service providers develop growth and product strategies, accelerating system-wide performance through technology and responding to digital disruption trends. With his background helping financial-services organizations develop health–wealth convergence strategies, Sri also leads our work in healthcare payments. Within this rapidly evolving sector, he has particular expertise in clinical-systems value management as well as digital consumer engagement.
Since joining McKinsey in 2011, Sri has offered advisory support to a broad set of clients in the healthcare sector, including national and regional health systems, integrated delivery networks, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare IT service providers, and private-equity firms as well as public-sector entities within the United States and overseas.
Examples of his work include:
- designing consumer digital experience and multichannel engagement models for an integrated health system
- developing a “digital speed” IT organization and target operating model for a leading national health system to optimize innovation capital and third-party platform alliances
- developing a comprehensive cybersecurity-resiliency strategy for a leading national integrated health system including executive war gaming and business case
- defining and executing market and business-unit growth strategies for a leading healthcare payments, data analytics, and revenue-cycle services provider
- developing an enterprise digital consumer engagement and retail strategy for a leading national integrated delivery network
- leading transformative IT performance-optimization programs for several academic medical centers and regional health systems spanning all core technology functions
With his strong interest and perspective on the rapidly evolving role of technology in healthcare, Sri publishes insights and speaks at key industry events and forums. Before joining McKinsey, he was a consultant, advising industry-leading firms in financial services and healthcare.
“Unlocking digital health: Opportunities for the mobile value chain” (PDF–720 KB), McKinsey & Company, April 2015
“Applying lean IT to healthcare,” McKinsey & Company, December 2014
Diamond Management & Technology Consultants
Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Duke University, BSE, biomedical engineering
electrical engineering, economics