A leader in our Marketing & Sales Practice, Wouter has worked across a range of industries, helping clients with topics related to customer lifecycle management (CLM). He advises North American cable companies in such areas as strategy, post-merger integration, and marketing and sales. In addition to his work in the media space, Wouter helps clients in the automotive and hospitality sectors with projects involving pricing, CLM, and consumer strategy.
Examples of his work with cable companies include:
- crafting a revenue synergy plan for a large North American cable merger
- designing and running a set of war games relating to the impact of a fiber market entry
- redesigning the overall pricing architecture of a large cable operator to optimize for competitive offerings and customer demand
- developing a Marketing Return On Investment (MROI) program and building and refining a MROI model to reallocate marketing spend across different media vehicles
Outside the cable industry, he has helped clients with:
- optimizing the pricing infrastructure to manage $8B+ promotion budget for a leading automotive OEM
- introducing bundled pricing and product architecture for a leading magazine publisher, which included detailed quantitative consumer research
- redesigning the loyalty program for a leading international hotel chain
Wouter recently joined the New Ventures Leadership Team in an “Innovation Rotation” role to help McKinsey further accelerate the build out of New Ventures, develop the firm’s thinking on Innovations & Ventures, and drive New Ventures’ external communication.
Harvard Business School
Vlerick Management School
Bachelor's, applied economics