With more than 17 years of McKinsey experience, Volker is a leadership group member of our European Advanced Industries Practice. He has deep expertise in the automotive industry, focusing on strategic and operational topics in sales & marketing as well as product management. Volker also has intensive project experience globally, covering Europe, North America, China, India, South America, ASEAN, and Russia.
Recent examples of his client work include:
- development of a series of regional strategies for a global automaker’s brands
- definition of global product strategies for a European OEM
- development of holistic company strategies for an automotive company’s passenger car and light commercial vehicle brands
- marketing & sales strategy for a global agricultural equipment OEM
- benchmarking of automotive sales & marketing organizations
- after-sales strategies for different players in the value chain
- holistic performance improvement program for a producer of medium voltage equipment
Prior to joining McKinsey, Volker worked for the Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technologies in Aachen (Germany).
“New insights for new growth: What it takes to understand your customers today,” McKinsey & Company, September 2016
“Driving success through true product excellence,” McKinsey & Company, October 2014
RWTH Aachen University
MBA and MS, mechanical engineering