Valentina is a leader of the Pharmaceuticals & Medical Products Practice in Europe. With a PhD in modelling and simulation for optimal drug administration, Valentina focuses mainly on pharmaceutical R&D, including disease areas and development drug strategy, organizational design and transformation, productivity, external innovation, and outsourcing.
Her work with pharmaceutical clients has included:
- working with the president of a top oncology company to define its ten-year strategy and leadership plan.
- leading McKinsey's support for a mid-sized company seeking to create a leaner R&D organization and capture savings worth €100 million.
- helping a leading European company to boost its productivity by collaborating with a clinical research organization to accelerate time-to-market and improve the success rate of new drugs.
- working with the research unit of a top-10 company on a ground-breaking model that harnessed external innovation to save 30 percent of costs.
- advising a major European company on its strategy for a novel oncology drug, including focus indications and a development pathway, prior to a multi-million-euro investment.
Valentina also leads our Center for Asset Optimization, which works on strategies to develop new drugs more quickly, more affordably, and with a higher probability of success. She is a frequent speaker on R&D topics at industry conferences and events.
“Value-driven drug development–unlocking the value of your pipeline,” in Rathnam Chaguturu (ed.), Collaborative Innovation in Drug Discovery, John Wiley, 2014 (PDF–293 KB)
PhD, technical sciences
MSc, chemical engineering