Based in Singapore, Tycen is a leader in our Telecommunications, Media and High Tech, and Private Equity practices in Southeast Asia. He has worked extensively with clients, particularly in the telecommunications sector on digital strategy, product development/launch, and M&A due diligence.
Tycen’s recent client work includes:
- driving the digital transformation for customer design journeys (CDJ) for a leading telco in Southeast Asia, including leading the work to create the strategy, CDJ redesign, and minimal viable product including middleware
- designing a video offering for a leading telecom company in Southeast Asia including the content, platform, and go-to-market approach
- creating the strategy and implementation plan for the digital market entry of a leading Southeast Asian telecom company
- creating the emerging technology growth blueprint strategy for a leading Southeast Asian ICT company, with the primary focus on cloud, UCC, the Internet of Things, and cyber security
- creating a digital banking market entry strategy in Asia for a leading international bank
- redesigning the end-to-end mortgage process of a Southeast Asian bank with the goal of reducing cycle time by >90 percent
- designing and implementing the go-to-market strategy for a nationwide fiber deployment for a Southeast Asian telecom company
Prior to joining McKinsey, Tycen worked as an investment banking analyst at Merrill Lynch. He was a top analyst on their West Coast M&A team where he focused on TMT transactions.
“Digital music’s Asian beat,” McKinsey Quarterly, November 2016
Pomona College, California
BA, economics (with a minor in psychology) honours