Surya leads our global Future of Mobility Initiative, looking at such technologies as electric vehicles, autonomous/self-driving, connected cars, sharing, renewables, and energy storage.
Her recent projects include:
- defining the European growth strategy for an electric-charging infrastructure company, focused on a home energy and transport integrator platform.
- developing new ideas for the use of big data in fuel retail, in particular the use of geospatial data in pricing, network management and marketing.
- designing the integration and delivery plan for a major merger in the oil & gas sector.
- analyzing the scenarios associated with the goal of decarbonizing Europe by 2050, with an emphasis on the energy sector; creating a roadmap for implementation.
- developing a strategy for an electric power utility, by considering future mobility options and defining opportunities in conjunction with the automotive, transport, and energy industries.
Prior to McKinsey, Surya worked at Citigroup in Singapore and Germany.
“Delivering a world-class integration in oil and gas,” McKinsey & Company, February 2017
“An integrated perspective on the future of mobility,” McKinsey & Company, October 2016
“Evolution: Electric mobility in Europe,” (PDF 3.5 MB), McKinsey & Company, April 2014
“Organizing the government affairs function for impact,” McKinsey Quarterly, November 2013
National University of Singapore
Masters, computer science
Regional College of Engineering and Technology, Surat
Bachelors, electrical & electronic engineering