Steven helps lead McKinsey’s Marketing & Sales Practice. He works primarily with clients in B2C industries, including media, telecommunications, and retail. An expert in digital marketing and sales, Steven carves innovative paths to growth by advising clients on the role digital can play in go-to-market strategy and operations. He supports companies throughout all phases of the marketing journey.
Recent examples of his client work include:
- helping a leading telco use big data to improve the efficiency of its marketing-and-sales function
- developing a go-to-market strategy for a telco; project scope included digital brand position, product definition, and channel management
- supporting the development of a new cross-country organization to unlock the power of digital marketing and sales
- implementing agile marketing principles, such as war rooms and microcampaigns, across multiple sectors
- deploying advanced analytics techniques to reduce churn by 20 to 30 percent
- supporting multiple launches of improved next-product-to-buy models across all channels
- advising clients on the ad-tech stacks best suited to their organizations and goals
Prior to join McKinsey, Steven worked for Shell Global in Gabon and the Netherlands.
“Agile marketing: a step-by-step guide,” McKinsey & Company, November 2016
“Evolve or perish: digital Darwinism for telecom companies,” (PDF–1.40 MB) McKinsey & Company, January 2013
International Institute for Management Development
University of Leuven
MS, electrical engineering