Sébastien is a strategy specialist in the field of energy and infrastructure. He counsels his clients on investments and acquisitions, on market analysis, technological and regulatory issues, public-private partnerships, and environmental and energy transformations. A partner in McKinsey’s Paris office, he previously worked in our London office.
Sébastien has contributed to several McKinsey R&D initiatives on environmental and energy issues, particularly in the area of renewable energies. He directed the prospective report Global Energy Perspectives 2050, and was co-rapporteur of the Montaigne Institutes’s working group on smart grids.
In addition, Sébastien helps lead our work in Integrated Power Markets Modeling and Regulatory Strategy for our Electric Power and Natural Gas Practice.
Recent projects include:
- developing a power model assessing the long-term evolution of power prices across multiple countries
- assessing the competitiveness of nuclear power generation against other generation technologies in several power markets leveraging, in part, long run marginal cost of electricity
- assessing the value of electricity generation assets in Europe leveraging McKinsey power model
- developing a strategic perspective on the possible evolution of gas demand/supply equilibrium in Europe and abroad for a natural gas company
- creating a renewable growth strategy for a leading European utility, including a detailed assessment of wind, solar, biomass for each regional market
- leading several due diligences and strategic review of renewable project developers including a market scan & growth options
- assessing the wood-based biomass value chain in a European country and defining an entry strategy
- assisting a European distribution company in defining its smart grid strategy
- developing the governance, business model and business plan of the clean tech business of an industrial player
Logistics and Supply Chain Management consultant
Project manager and responsible for quality assurance
École Centrale de Paris