Saf is the managing partner of McKinsey's South Africa office. He has more than two decades experience building growth strategies and leading operational transformations for a wide range of industries, including private-sector, public-sector and social-sector institutions.
Over the last four years, he has narrowed his focus to supporting organizations with significant African ambitions. Much of his past work in the telecommunications, banking, and high-tech industries is extremely relevant given the changes sweeping the continent today.
Examples of his recent client work include:
- supported the turnaround of a leading local telecom operator
- led a three-year transformation program at one of Africa's largest retail banks
- supported a global private-equity firm in turning around an African multinational focused on the agricultural value chain
- helped a high-tech multinational develop a growth strategy for its African operations that led to a 3X improvement in sales
- co-led a three-year transformation for one of the largest telecom OEMs, encompassing operations in North America, Europe and Asia
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MEng, electrical engineering and computer science
BS, electrical engineering and computer science