Roberto is a core member of our Chemicals practice leadership group, and leads our Agriculture work in the Americas. He is also a leader in our Sustainability and Resource Productivity Practice, concentrating on increasing the productivity and efficiency of agricultural supply chains. Based in Chicago, Roberto has worked with clients all over the world, including the Americas, Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, and South Asia.
Most of Roberto’s projects involve helping global agriculture and food companies with issues related to go-to-market planning, supply chains, and strategy. Recent examples of his work include:
- Helping create post-merger processes, including organization redesign and value capture opportunities, for a newly created global agricultural input player;
- Advising a multi-billion dollar agriculture input company on the redesign of its supply chain practices, including the planning, production, storage, and distribution functions;
- Supporting food and beverage companies on efforts to optimize their agricultural commodity supply chains and procurement systems;
- Helping a large fertilizer company build a growth strategy and business plan—including key alliances—that would enable it to enter into new markets;
- Supporting financial and strategic investors on due diligence efforts within agricultural input, farming and distribution businesses;
- Helping assess the sustainability footprint of agricultural commodities systems, and the potential impact of alternative production systems.
Since 2011, Roberto has supported the World Economic Forum’s New Vision for Agriculture on its efforts to develop sustainable agriculture transformation models. He has contributed to several of the organization’s major reports, including “Realizing a New Vision for Agriculture,” and “Putting the New Vision for Agriculture into Action: A Transformation is Happening.”
“Four lessons for transforming African agriculture,” McKinsey Quarterly, June 2008
Instituto Tecnologico de Aeronautica
BS in electrical engineering