Phillia is the leader of McKinsey’s Organization Practice in Southeast Asia. In this capacity, she helps companies across Asia to diagnose impediments to organizational health and then execute transformational change initiatives that reorganize and renew organizational cultures.
Her years of client work extends across sectors—telecommunications, private equity, and industrial resources—where her leadership and expertise in talent strategy and skill-building initiatives have helped executives master change and manage people better. She has helped organizations achieve fundamental and lasting shifts in mindsets and behaviors that lead to immediate competitive advantage and enduring value.
Her recent work includes:
- Devising and implementing a transformation program for one of Asia’s largest telecommunications operators that shifted mindset and behaviors by redesigning performance benchmarks in tandem with operational objectives
- Working with the regional and local headquarters of a leading consumer electronics corporation to diagnose talent sourcing challenges and develop a 3-year roadmap to meet recruitment and succession planning needs
- Helping a large telecommunications firm put in place a comprehensive marketing and sales transformation initiative, which entailed in-depth analysis of distribution channels, distributor performance management system, and sales force skill-building programs
- Driving a 2-year project with a petroleum company to build capabilities and change mindsets and behaviors, resulting in sustained improvement in performance and better organizational health
- Advising a global private equity firm in identifying 20 potential candidates for $400 million investment across all Indonesian industries, and co-leading and managing a consortium of consultants and researchers from four different institutions in analyzing investing opportunities as part of the process
Phillia is an active promoter of “Unleashing Indonesia,” an initiative to grow Indonesia’s emerging economy. She is also a member of the National Steering Committee of Bureaucracy Reform, working directly with the Vice President of the Republic Indonesia. The co-founder of Young Leaders for Indonesia, a program initiated by McKinsey, she also helps organize efforts aimed at unleashing the leadership capacity of high-performing university students.
"Ten ideas to maximize the socioeconomic impact of ICT in Indonesia," (PDF-1 MB), McKinsey & Company, March 2015
Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
Bandung Institute of Technology Bandung