Philipp often works at the intersection of technical and financial issues, including performance transformations, cost improvements, M&A and post-merger-integration (PMI) efforts, turnarounds, due diligence, and other topics in the CFO arena. He has been advising clients in the automotive, machinery, and basic-materials industries as well as financial institutions, sovereign-wealth funds, and private-equity firms for over 15 years in Europe, China, and the US.
Philipp globally leads our Advanced Analytics group in Advanced Industries and helps to develop individual applications as well as overarching analytics strategies for clients.
Examples of his recent work include:
- leading a financial-turnaround program for a Chinese original-equipment manufacturer (OEM)
- restructuring the material cost base of a US OEM
- conducting a financial-benchmarking exercise for a DAX-30 CFO
- formulating the M&A and PMI strategy for an international merger in the basic-materials sector
- running a profitability program for an automotive supplier in Southern Europe
- screening an investment strategy and assets for an Asian sovereign fund
- assessing the industrial credit portfolio of a financial intermediary
- defining the advanced data and analytics strategy for an EU industrial group
- developing a production program forecasting software based on a large and heterogenous data set
Philipp is fluent in German, English, and Spanish.
WHU–Otto Beisheim School of Management
RWTH Aachen University