Peter de Wit is managing partner of McKinsey Western Europe Office, comprising Benelux and France. He is a leader within the European Electric Power & Natural Gas (EPNG) Practice and the Energy Marketing, Trading & Risk Management service line for EPNG.
Peter works with leading companies in a range of sectors—particularly electric power, chemicals and financial services—to shape their strategies for profitable growth, improve their commercial orientation, and strengthen their operations. In his work, Peter collaborates with clients to build leaders in their organizations. His vision is for McKinsey to be the most preeminent leadership development institution in the Netherlands, inspiring talented people across society to lead a new “golden age” of growth, with Amsterdam at its heart.
Examples of his recent client work:
- Peter has worked with our clients on a broad range of trading and risk management topics including the development of a pan-European trading organization for a leading energy company. He led the McKinsey Energy Treasurer knowledge effort based, in part, on a European benchmark on wholesale market activities.
- Peter supported clients on a broad range of trading and risk management related topics
- Designed the overall strategy for the merger of two large energy clients, led the regulatory process and prepared & executed the post merger management
- Supported the board of a leading utility in developing a privatization and regulatory strategy
- Led multiple operational and commercial performance transformations for both power utilities, chemical companies and financial service companies
- Oversaw the complete reorganization of a leading utility from a regional to a functionally based structure.
Commercial manager, Refined Oils and Proteins Divisions
Agricultural University, Netherlands