Patrik Silén is a partner in McKinsey’s London office and leads our retail operations work in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
Patrik serves retailers and other consumer-facing companies on topics involving strategy, customer experience, digital/multichannel, and operations. His recent client work includes:
- helping a chain of department stores to improve customer service and frontline sales
- assisting a grocery retailer with a programme to improve store productivity
- working with a clothing retailer to transform its end-to-end multichannel supply chain
- supporting a travel company with a lean transformation programme that brought step-change improvements in customer experience and productivity
- helping an insurance company to improve its call centres and instill a culture of continuous improvement
Patrik has also supported several grocery chains in developing their strategy and operations for multichannel retail.
Patrik holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and an MEng in engineering, manufacture, and management from the University of Manchester. Before joining McKinsey, he worked as a consultant on e-commerce, high tech and retail banking topics, and was on the founding team of an internet-based credit-card venture, where he set up the operations, customer care, and digital marketing functions.
“Building omnichannel excellence,” McKinsey & Company, April 2017
“Smarter schedules, better budgets: How to improve store operations,” McKinsey & Company, August 2015
Digital marketing manager
Mitchell Madison Group
MBA, business administration
University of Manchester
MEng, engineering, manufacturing, and management