Nils is a partner in our Zurich office and one of the leaders of our med tech and biotech work in Europe. Since joining McKinsey in 2009, he has worked extensively across the medical devices industry from big-box equipment to consumables, as well as supporting clients in the specialty pharma and biotech sectors globally.
Nils has advised leading institutions on a wide range of topics, from go-to-market strategies and marketing spend optimization to business development and commercial transformation. His recent client projects include:
- Supporting a rare-disease specialist company with key account management and patient finding
- Advising several biotech and big pharma companies on inorganic growth strategies
- Working on a number of post-merger commercial integrations for large specialty pharma and medical device companies
- Helping a major pharma company with its corporate-level digital and analytics strategy
- Counseling med tech companies on the development of cross-business services and solutions in cardiology, critical care, and orthopedics.
Nils holds a doctorate in strategic, supply chain, and innovation management from the University of St Gallen and a master’s degree in strategic management, finance, and operations from the University of Karlsruhe. Before joining McKinsey, he spent four years as a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of St Gallen working on innovation and sustainability strategies in consumer goods, chemicals, and pharma companies.
“Improving healthcare while curbing cost: Med-tech companies offer a solution,” McKinsey & Company, October 2015
University of St Gallen
Doctorate in strategic, supply chain, and technology innovation management
University of Karlsruhe
Master’s in strategic management, finance, and operations