An expert in capital productivity, Lukasz works with major organizations in metals & mining, electric power, chemicals, and infrastructure—helping them shape strategy, plan and manage large-scale capital projects, and drive operational improvement.
Lukasz leads McKinsey’s global client work and knowledge development in contracting and contractor management for capital and infrastructure projects. He also leads McKinsey Implementation in Central & Eastern Europe, which works hand-in-hand with clients to deliver sustainable impact. His global experience includes a year spent in our Johannesburg office.
Recent examples of his client work include:
- Supporting the contracting and engineering phase of a multi-billion dollar rail and port infrastructure project—including helping screen and select contractors, improving contract terms and conditions, assisting the client in preparing and executing contract negotiations, as well as setting up project controls and contract management infrastructure
- Supporting the global procurement optimization of a metals company, including designing the procurement organization and conducting rapid sourcing waves for key categories. The effort achieved average price reductions of 15-18%
- End-to-end support for the construction of a greenfield copper smelter—including setting up the project team, capex procurement, contractor selection, capability-building, and schedule optimization
- Helping a mining company build the capabilities of over 100 shift supervisors in the area of energy efficiency, using McKinsey’s model factory infrastructure
- Supporting a “good to great” wave of operations transformation at a large open pit mine in Africa—including driving improvements in pit development planning, the dispatch process, and equipment availability
- Designing and helping implement an end-to-end solution for an upstream oil & gas company to optimize its contracting strategies for across its global pipeline of projects. Support included developing the methodology and supporting tools, and building client capabilities
Prior to joining McKinsey, Lukasz worked in academic roles at the University of Pennsylvania in the area of linguistics and artificial intelligence. He has also developed the first Polish online chatterbot.
University of Pennsylvania