Kristin-Anne is based in McKinsey’s London Office. She joined the firm in 2001, having worked previously as a doctor in Iceland. She has focused primarily on strategy and operations in the healthcare and consumer goods sectors.
Her projects have included:
- helping clinical leaders of specialties identify and implement productivity and quality improvement opportunities
- introducing service-line management to a large teaching hospital working alongside and training front line staff
- determining the clinical strategy for and financial synergies from merging two local hospitals
- developing a strategy to deliver healthcare within budget constraints and reconfigure service provision for a group insurers and hospitals
- reviewing the global progress on tuberculosis control over the last 5 years and evaluating the contribution of a global health partnership
- developing the new global growth strategy for the consumer health business of multinational company
- understanding how the introduction of personalised medicines would affect the value proposition to health care payors
- assisting a US health wholesaler and pharmacy solutions provider develop its UK business
- modeling different European entry strategies for a Japanese pharmaceutical company
- evaluating the oncology portfolio of a global pharmaceutical company
Prior to joining McKinsey, Kristin-Anne also had experience with Eli Lilly in manufacturing quality assurance. In 2003/04 she was product manager for Neuromonics, a start-up company bringing a treatment for tinnitus to market in Australia. Kristin-Anne has a first class MA from Cambridge UK in Neuroscience, a MB BChir in medicine with distinction from Cambridge UK and an MBA from Harvard USA with high distinction.