Besides leading McKinsey’s Capital Projects & Infrastructure Practice in Latin America, Kevin is a leader of our global Operations Practice. He has extensive experience in large-scale capital projects and operational transformation across a range of sectors, including oil and gas, basic materials, energy, and infrastructure.
His recent client experience includes:
- supporting a major mining company on a multibillion-dollar capital project, including budget and cost control, value improvement, and risk management, which together reduced capital expenditures
- driving a multiyear lean transformation program for a major engineering and construction company across multiple regions, which successfully improved value creation
- leading a full operational-improvement program for a petroleum-shipping company—encompassing maintenance, operations, procurement, and planning
- supporting the construction of a large oil-field pipeline, including implementing project controls, risk-management disciplines, and a value-creation program
- designing and helping implement a multiyear lean productivity program for a major steel producer, which resulted in productivity improvement
- leading multiple engagements for oil-and-gas clients, with a focus on floating production, storage, and offloading (FPSO)—for example, developing a productivity-improvement plan for FPSO construction in Brazilian shipyards and identifying savings opportunities in FPSO logistics
Kevin is a native of Belgium, where he joined McKinsey in 2007. He transferred to Brazil in 2010. He is fluent in English, French, and Portuguese, and has basic knowledge of Spanish and Dutch.
Before joining McKinsey, Kevin worked at Renault as a project manager in charge of product development.
MSc, IC engines and petroleum products
MSc, mechanical engineering