A founding partner of McKinsey’s Denver office, Kevin advises executives on challenges that cut across strategy, operations, and technology. Strongly focused on understanding and improving the experience for customers, his work often centers on assessing and then transforming customer-facing operations and services—all in support of enhanced growth and a better competitive position.
As the leader of the North America Customer Experience Practice, Kevin has deep experience in industries with complex customer relationships and networks, such as airlines and logistics providers. He helps executives drive end-to-end strategic customer experience transformations, while reducing costs and making use of improved, innovative technologies.
Examples of his work include the following:
- designing and directing a customer experience transformation for a US airline, significantly reducing cost and improving total margin
- directing a technology transformation for a US and European travel company, including new services, new technology, and a lean operations overhaul to establish a lower cost base
- developing a customer experience strategy for a medical diagnostics company
- driving a customer experience journey diagnostic and transformation for a North American utility, establishing a new customer promise and value proposition
- delivering a lean customer experience assessment for a retail hardware chain with franchised locations, developing cost-saving, and revenue-enhancing solutions
Kevin serves on the board of trustees for Mile High United Way. Before joining McKinsey, Kevin worked in cause-based marketing and strategy for a nonprofit that focused on putting new books into the hands of children from low-income families.
“Customer experience: Creating value through transforming customer journeys,” (PDF–2.6 MB), McKinsey & Company, Winter 2016
“From touchpoints to journeys: The competitive edge in seeing the world through the customer's eyes,” McKinsey & Company, March 2016
“Are you really listening to what your customers say?,” McKinsey & Company, March 2016
“Linking the customer experience to value,” McKinsey & Company, March 2016
“Measuring the patient experience: Lessons from other industries,” McKinsey & Company, August 2015
Manager, corporate strategy
The Gold Group
Foley and Lardner
Harvard Business School
University of Virginia
BA, economics and government