Kevin leads McKinsey’s work in corporate and business functions in our Operations Practice. In this capacity, he provides objective counsel and implementation support to the leaders of business units and support functions, ensuring that they can set and achieve peak performance goals. He also builds McKinsey’s capabilities to better partner with clients on the topics of restructuring, digital transformation, shared services, and zero-based budgeting.
Since joining McKinsey in 2004, Kevin has partnered with executives in a broad range of sectors, from airlines to telecommunications. His mission is to help companies fundamentally change how they work, moving from good to great in ways that create enduring value. He drives successful end-to-end transformation efforts, from initial diagnostics through to organizational consolidation and redesign. At the end of the process, companies rein in expenses and find that they can adapt more nimbly to industry and functional trends.
Drawing on expertise in growth strategy, process optimization, performance transformation, supply chain, and manufacturing, Kevin partners closely with executives to find the right levers to drive improvement across finance, HR, operations, marketing, sales, and other administrative functions. By building alignment, Kevin ensures support services truly meet business needs; clients foster a culture of continuous innovation and growth that allows them to outpace competitors.
Examples of his work include the following:
- transforming a decentralized retail organization to create global functions and a streamlined corporate center
- leading a sales, general, and administrative (SG&A) cost-reduction effort at a major US airline that resulted in 30 percent savings across the entire corporate-overhead base
- helping an international pharmaceuticals and medical-products company design and implement a strategic finance transformation to boost effectiveness and achieve a 25 percent cost reduction
- managing a large-scale G&A transformation for a global diversified industrial company, including process redesign, enterprise-resource-planning consolidation, and offshoring; the effort resulted in a 40 percent reduction in expenditures
- designing and implementing an SG&A cost restructuring for a global car-rental company, resulting in a 20 percent reduction in general operating expenses
- helping B2C and B2B organizations—including those in consumer products, telecoms, railroads, freight forwarding, and travel distribution—become leaner and more agile through finance and business-support-function transformations
Before joining McKinsey, Kevin worked as a project manager for a global consumer-goods company, as well as an engineer for a multinational specialty-chemical and materials manufacturer.
“What worked in cost cutting—and what’s next: McKinsey Global Survey results,” McKinsey Quarterly, January 2010
Harvard Business School
MBA, general management
BS (honors), chemical engineering