Previously the leader of the Mid-Atlantic office, Judith now leads McKinsey’s Organization Practice, is a member of our Shareholders Council (board of directors) and chairs its People Committee. Since joining McKinsey in 1988, she has worked in both the US and Europe, advising healthcare organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and multilateral agencies focused on improving healthcare in developing countries. She moved to our New Jersey office in 1998.
A former physician, Judith draws upon her medical background as she partners with leaders across the healthcare spectrum. In recent years, she has helped executives as they seek to set effective product market and channel strategy, including product commercial assessment, product launch, pricing, and market development. To help boost overall performance, Judith has guided business unit turnarounds, post merger integrations, and organizational effectiveness programs across a range of pharmaceutical, medical products, and animal health businesses.
Examples of her work include:
- identifying opportunities to cut non program-related costs in the R&D organization of a major pharmaceutical company
- supporting the executive team in the turnaround of a mid-sized pharmaceutical company in the US
- developing a growth strategy for a leading medical software company, including web-based applications and internet acquisition opportunities
- delivering the post-merger integration of two medical device companies with high aspirations for both business performance and organizational health
- developing a global strategy for a major primary care pharmaceutical product facing patent expiry.
Passionate about improving health outcomes globally, Judith helped inspire and drive McKinsey’s involvement in the fight against HIV/AIDS. She supported the Accelerating Access Initiative, including conducting fieldwork in Uganda on demand estimation and drug distribution. She has also worked with the Botswana ART program, the Global Fund for AIDS, TB, and Malaria, and a number of other public health organizations.
Before joining McKinsey, Judith completed an MBA at Harvard Business School, where she specialized in technology management. Before business school, she was a physician in the dialysis and transplant unit at the Churchill Hospital in Oxford.
“Gender equality: Taking stock of where we are,” McKinsey Quarterly, September 2015
John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
Harvard Business School
University of Oxford
University of Oxford
BA (MA), physiology