Jannick is one of the global co-leaders of McKinsey’s Divestiture Practice. In his advisory work, he focuses on helping executives make fundamental decisions about corporate size, structure, and ownership. He evaluates and advises on the full range of transaction options—mergers, acquisitions, alliances, joint ventures, divestitures, carve outs, and spin offs—to find the course of action that will best support core business objectives.
With more than nine years of experience with clients in the Americas, Europe, and Asia, Jannick has worked across industries, but he has particularly deep expertise advising technology companies. As industry dynamics change, he helps tech sector leaders find sources of growth via acquisition and joint venture, as well as determine when business separations are the best strategic option. In a hands-on fashion, he leads due diligence related to mergers and acquisitions and guides the subsequent integration management.
Examples of his work include:
- assisting a global technology client with building capabilities to execute and establish a programmatic M&A strategy, including identifying potential targets, and supporting due diligence and deal negotiations
- designing and coordinating the execution of a merger plan for two global semiconductor companies
- advising a European client in divesting a full portfolio of separate businesses, including building business profiles, identifying new investors, and managing the team of advisors
- supporting a technology company through the process of developing a stand-alone profile and strategy for a corporate spin-off
- assisting a global client through the process of separating into three publicly-listed companies, including supporting the leadership of each new company to develop an independent value story.
Before joining McKinsey, Jannick worked in finance and investment in Denmark. He graduated in the top one percent of his business school class and placed third out of more than 300 MBA teams at the 2005 Thunderbird Global Innovation Challenge. Jannick is fluent in Danish and English.
“Divestitures: How to invest for success,” McKinsey & Company, August 2015
“Testing the limits of diversification,” McKinsey & Company, February 2012
Copenhagen Business School
MS, finance and accounting; BSc, economics and business administration