Jan brings extensive experience in improving capital productivity and optimizing capital investments, particularly in the energy and materials sectors. He helps clients drive improvements in large and midsize capital projects along the full development cycle—from optimizing design to improving on-cost and on-schedule delivery during construction execution.
His client experience includes:
- working with an Asian shipyard to strengthen late-stage construction execution of an offshore megaproject worth over $5 billion, realizing improvements of over 50 percent on prioritized productivity metrics within the first 3 months
- helping lead a construction-execution turnaround pilot on an unconventional gas megaproject in Asia–Pacific, worth over $4 billion, resulting in nearly doubled labor productivity and dramatically improved adherence to schedule
- supporting a large international oil company to drive early stage-capital-expenditure optimization of two large downstream projects together worth over $1 billion, yielding capital-expenditure reductions of between 10 and 30 percent
- helping a European chemical company optimize the design of a €40 million plant expansion, identifying cost reduction potential of over 20 percent
- piloting and helping roll out a major chemical company’s capital-expenditure portfolio-management academy, which identified capital-expenditure reduction opportunities of over 15 percent
- supporting a major steel manufacturer in optimizing capital expenditure spend on small to midsize capital projects, achieving a total reduction of 30 percent on the original capital-expenditure request of €250 million
Jan is a member of the European Construction Institute’s project-delivery direction group. In addition to speaking English, Jan is proficient in German and fluent in Dutch.
Delft University of Technology
MSc, aerospace engineering