Since joining the firm in 2005, Hugues has helped industrial-equipment makers, commodities companies, and investors, focusing on M&A transactions, growth, portfolio rebalancing, product development, and competitive positioning.
From a home base in the United States, Hugues works with clients around the globe. He leads growth projects for companies in the industrial-equipment, electric-power, mining, oil and gas, and private-equity sectors, and he oversees transformational-change programs when organizations require them in order to pursue new growth priorities.
Examples of his recent work:
- leading a large number of due diligences for private-equity firms and corporations in the water-technology, equipment, and services space
- helping the board and the senior management of a leading oil-field services company reset its asset strategy and manage the implications for capital-market and midterm financial planning
- helping a manufacturer of power-generation equipment redefine its services sales strategy by resegmenting its market and developing product offerings tailored to the new segments.
- supporting the redesign of the innovation and product-launch process and organization at a leading power-electronics company; this accelerated critical product launches, enhanced capabilities for engineering and product-development teams, and reprioritized the innovation agenda
- leading the transformation of a large engineering group for a leading supplier of oil and gas equipment
- conducting a dozen due-diligence market scans in a variety of industrial sectors—including specialty chemicals, steel, and shipping—for a private-equity firm with more than $50 billion in assets under management
Hugues is a native French speaker, also fluent in English and conversant in German. He is on the board of the fund-raising committee for the École Centrale Paris.
"The Ethanol Challenge for the United States," McKinsey & Company, November 2009
Flat-carbon automotive, business development, and M&A manager
European stainless, production manager
Technical University of Munich
Master of Engineering
École Centrale Paris
Master of sciences