Helen leads our Recovery & Transformation Services Practice in France. In this capacity, she directs our advisory services to distressed companies and underperforming business units, seeking to drive rapid performance improvement and move from acute crisis management to long-term recovery.
In her work with clients, Helen typically takes on interim management assignments, offering guidance as organizations navigate through challenging circumstances. A long-time recovery consultant, she has advised on restructuring situations in Europe and the United States for the past 18 years.
Her experience prior to joining McKinsey includes the following:
- acting as the interim CFO for a pharmaceutical group, where she sourced financing and put in place cost-cutting measures resulting in margin improvement with respect to earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA)
- serving as the interim CFO for a leading metals manufacturer, helping the company emerge from pre-insolvency mediation to be successfully sold
- advising the CEO and serving as the interim chief operating officer (COO) for a multibrand and multicountry retail group, during which the company decreased the number of SKUs by more than 30 percent and improved its product-development cycle
- acting as the interim CEO and COO for a global leader of point-of-sale merchandising in a consumer industry, where changes put in place improved EBITDA margin significantly
- acting as the interim chief transformation officer for a retail company with revenue of more than $50 billion
Before joining McKinsey, Helen founded a consulting firm specializing in turnarounds, performance improvement, and interim management. Before that, she was a senior director at a global professional-services firm, where she was responsible for private-equity-fund relationships for France. Helen is a member of Association pour le Retournement des Entreprises (ARE) and is a regular guest lecturer at INSEAD on the subject of corporate turnarounds.
Lee Bouygues Partners
Founder and CEO
Alvarez & Marsal Holdings
CFO and COO
Harvard Business School