Haimeng is the co-leader of our Organization Practice in Asia. He also leads our Shanghai office and co-leads our Capital Projects & Infrastructure Practice.
Haimeng works with clients to transform their organization. He architects organization structure to enable growth and innovation, builds institutional capability, and improves leadership capacity. He also helps major real-estate developers partner with the public sector to build integrated city developments and assists companies as they enter new markets and build profitable global businesses.
Examples of Haimeng’s recent work include:
- supporting a major Chinese real-estate developer on a four-year growth journey encompassing strategic planning, organization design, assessment of overseas market opportunities, sustainable building, affordable housing, and leadership and capability development across its companies in multiple regions
- assisting a fast-growing developer on a multiyear transformation from real-estate development to integrated city and industry development
- helping a medium-sized real estate developer to create a winning strategy and build a talent machine to enable fast growth
- helping clients in automotive, basic materials, and private equity to boost operation performance by improving organization health
- supporting Chinese city governments on multiple new-city developments around Beijing, Guangzhou, Hebei, Jinjiang, Shanghai, Taiyuan, and Zhongshan
Prior to joining McKinsey, Haimeng worked as a senior consultant in the Shanghai office of Accenture, where he worked on topics ranging from strategy to IT infrastructure. He is fluent in Mandarin and English.
“China’s green opportunity,” McKinsey & Company, May 2009
“Anti-Rigid (In Chinese),” Citic Press, May 2017
Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
Shanghai Jiao Tong University